Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Sermon - A Verbal Expression of Hypocrisy.

"So many other small, but powerful things. The Kingdom of God starts with small things. We can help – in our own small ways. We can’t bring peace to Syria, or comfort to grieving families in Connecticut. We cannot resolve growing tensions between Christians and Muslims, even in Tanzania. But we can still do loving and gracious acts. Perhaps a Christmas message to someone we have lost contact with, a small gift for someone we know is lonely, a donation to our own church or to a charity for those who have nowhere to stay this Christmas: the Kingdom of God starts with small things."

16th December 2012 - Swahili Carols
Bishop Emerita Jana Jeruma-Grinberga at St Anne's Lutheran Church in London

"But we can still do loving and gracious acts."

She should have added:
"Unless a person challenges me. Unless I have decided a person is in my way. Unless I feel threatened by someone. Then I will tell lies, make up new rules, call government agencies and forget the words I preach and claim to believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment